The Genetics and Development Biology Unit (ugbdd.curie.fr) at the Institut Curie is a multidisciplinary department which, among other aims, studies tissue dynamics from cell to organ scale during development. Research teams use optical fluorescence microscopy to visualize in real time different biological processes in various organoid and animal models (Drosophila, zebrafish and mouse). Through the support of a Labex program (labex-deep.fr), we are looking for an enthusiastic and service-oriented Bio-Image Analyst.
The candidate will work in strong interaction with the Cell and Tissue Imaging facility and will collaborate with users from the Paris campus and beyond, helping them developing solutions for bioimage analysis. The projects will range from designing image analysis workflows, developing custom scripts/macros/plugins, to full collaborations where the Analyst handles the project from start to end and delivers analyzed data. The candidate will also advise and teach users on their bioimage analysis strategies.
– Implementing tools for image analysis and processing.
– Building and deploying custom analysis tools for projects requiring specific developments.
– Developing image analysis softwares whose scope exceed users’ projects.
– Work with scientists for writing / implementing algorithms to solve image processing problems from multidimensional microscopy datasets.
– Improve existing tools (computing speed, user interface, creating workflow).
– Validation of developed tools.
– Train scientists in the use of developed tools and make tutorials.
The candidate should hold an engineering or master degree in (bio)informatics, (bio)physics, applied mathematics or any other related domain, followed by at least 3 years of professional experience in bioimage analysis in research or support to research activity, or holds a PhD in bioimage analysis, bioinformatics, (bio)physics, applied mathematics or any other related domain.
– Applied mathematics or related areas with profound knowledge in Image Analysis.
– Know how to use and optimize networks in deep-learning.
– Experience with Image processing, data visualization and software development (e.g. Icy, Fiji, Python, MATLAB, Napari).
– Programming skills (e.g. Python, MATLAB, Java, C/C++).
– Good knowledge of segmentation algorithms, object tracking, pattern recognition.
– An experience with biology and imaging is advantageous.
– The will and taste to collaborate with others on their projects.
– Ability to work in teams while managing multiple projects simultaneously with a high degree of technical autonomy.
– Able to communicate in English.
All our opportunities are open to people with disabilities
Type of contract: Fixed-term contract
Starting date: 1st February 2022
Duration: 18 months, renewable
Working time: full time
Remuneration: according to the current grids
Benefits: Collective catering, reimbursement of transportation fees up to 70%, supplementary health insurance
Location of the position: Paris
Please send your CV, letter of motivation and 2 references, to Olivier Renaud (email@example.com)
To apply for this job please visit institut-curie.org.