As one of the world’s leading analytical instrumentation companies, Bruker covers a broad spectrum of advanced solutions in all fields of research and development. All our systems and instruments are designed to improve safety of products, accelerate time-to-market and support industries in successfully enhancing quality of life.
The Fluorescence Microscopy Business Unit (FM BU) manufactures Multiphoton, Super Resolution, Lightsheet (SPIM) and Multipoint Scanning Confocal Microscopes and is strongly focused on the field of life science worldwide.
EMEA Applications and Service Engineer is an ambassador of the FM BU of Bruker in the region (Europe, Middle East and Africa) and is responsible for front line customer instrumentation and scientific application support.
- On-site system installations, hardware upgrades and repair
- On-site customer training on applications, software and hardware
- Applications and instrument diagnostics, troubleshooting and problem-solving, both on-site and remote
- Direct customer interaction and customer facing communication, including product presentations, technical and applications training sessions as well as promotion of potential upgrades that could be purchased to support applications
- Product demonstrations – able to successfully set up and demo our products
- Have hands-on experience and knowledge on super resolution and multiphoton microscopy
- Pre-sales support
- Doctorate Degree, PhD, or Master of Science, or Bachelor of Science with relevant laboratory/research/microscopy experience, in Engineering or hard sciences. Other scientific degrees and experience history will be considered, with significant credit being given to related application or technology knowledge
- Imaging Platform/Core Facilities, laboratory experience and knowledge on STORM sample prep protocols highly desirable
- Customer focused, solution-oriented, and excellence-driven professional
- Possess general theoretical and operational knowledge of optical components and alignment, visible and invisible laser sources, and associated safety rules
- Capable of effective problem-solving and service of complex systems (electromechanical and optical elements) and application issues
- Hands-on and work with minimal supervision
- Laser microscopy experience highly desirable
- Training experience preferred
- Fluency in English
- Openness to travel 60-80%, both domestically and internationally on short notice
- Ability to work in government sites, animal facilities & laboratory environments
- Ability to lift 20kg from floor to hip height
- EU valid driver’s license
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org